Robertson Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager on a Permanent basis for a well-established Logistics company based in Derbyshire. Our prestigious client is well known for their exceptional work within the logistics sector, friendly working environment and great facilities.
This role requires someone who is highly motivated, and has vast experience in supporting businesses with Health & Safety compliance and up to date legislations. This is a challenging and exciting role for someone who is able to provide efficient health and safety solutions to ensure maximum benefit to the company and their customers. The successful Health & Safety Manager will ideally be working in a Logistics environment, where they are planning, monitoring and implementing all health & safety measures. In return, you will receive a competitive salary between £30,000 to £35,000pa (Dependent on experience), 30 days holiday (including bank holidays), private medical cover, life insurance, pension scheme, and much more!
Reporting to the Operations Director, your duties will include:
- To promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace.
- Establishing, developing and introducing the ISO 14001 & 9001.
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being implemented accordingly.
- Ensure all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Investigate accidents or incidents determining causes and liaise with insurance providers.
- Supporting the wider group in delivery of their tasks.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining knowledge of all Health and Safety executive legislation (HSE).
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Writing training plans and implementing safe systems of work and assisting management with training.
- Conducting all Health and safety inductions.
To be a successful Health & Safety Manager, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven Health and Safety experience.
- NEBOSH qualified (Essential)
- ISO 45001 Auditor (Essential)
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within the warehouse and transport industry.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic at all times.
- IT literate with good working knowledge of ISO 14001 & 9001 Systems.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually.
- Be able to engage at all levels with excellent communication skills, negotiation and persuasive.
- A clean driving licence is essential as you will be required to travel from site to site when required.
Benefits for the Health & Safety Manager:
- Competitive Salary between £30,000 to £35,000per annum
- 30 days holiday package (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private medical cover
- Be part of a successful and ambitious company.
The Health and Safety manager will work 42.5 hours a week, on a Monday to Friday basis, but flexibility will be required. If you feel you have the relevant experience in Health and Safety management and would like to put your own stamp on a company which offers excellent career opportunities then please apply TODAY
*** Derbyshire, Health, Safety, Health & Safety, IOSH, NEBOSH, H&S Manager, Inspection, Risk Assessment, Warehouse and Distribution ***