Are you an experienced Warehouse FLM looking to step up and streamline warehouse processes?
A respected 3PL is offering a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic Senior Warehouse First Line manager to join their prestigious site in Northamptonshire.
Offering a permanent contract on 4 on 4 off daytime contract, the package includes a competitive salary of up to £30,000 per annum (including shift allowance), pension scheme and fantastic formal development opportunities across a portfolio of market leading sister companies.
You will be responsible for supervising the day to day warehouse operation to ensure H&S, quality, accuracy and performance KPI's are hit and exceeded. The role involves labour planning, performance management of your team and daily delivery of the warehouse plan. This particular role allows you to suggest new performance and process ideas, letting you carry out changes and make a stamp on your team.
Senior First Line Manager duties:
- Supervising your team and day to day management of your warehouse area
- Monitoring staff performance and successfully mentoring underperforming colleagues
- Ensuring KPIs around picking, packing, accuracy and attendance are achieved by your team and communicating progress to the Warehouse Manager
- Building relationships quickly on site in order to maintain a strong team
- Creating a positive, inspiring environment by supporting training and development of warehouse colleagues
- Carrying out effective team meetings to help deliver process improvements
- Planning labour resource for peak and busy periods
- Carrying out 1st line disciplinaries, investigations and exit reviews
- Identifying new ways of working and streamlining processes in the warehouse
- Confidently suggest new ideas and implement changes in process through team briefings
- Display some flexibility with regards to covering alternative as and when needed for covering holiday/sickness
- At least 3 years' experience within a busy FMCG environment
- Must have experience of managing warehouse colleagues at First Line Manager (FLM) level upwards
- Excellent people management skills - experience in conducting first stage disciplinary meetings and investigations
- The ability to mentor and coach your team and inspire achievement in others
- Strong communication skills
- Ambition and the desire to succeed in a growing company
- Willingness to work the 10am-10pm fixed shift (4 on 4 off)
- A competitive salary of £28,500 per annum basic plus up to £1,666 shift allowance based on the fixed daytime shift
- Development opportunities locally and nationwide
- Pension scheme
- The chance to work with a network of blue chip clients
- Opportunities to develop new contracts in an expanding site
- Extensive opportunities to implement your own continuous improvement ideas
- A subsidised staff canteen on site